Thank you for visiting our website. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This website is operated by Lane & Holmes Estate Agents. For the purposes of UK Data Protection Law, the data controller is Lane & Holmes Estate Agents, 66/68 St Loyes Street, Bedford MK40 1EZ.
Our Data Protection Officer is Nick Kier who can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
We collect and process the following information about you:
• Information you provide to us. You provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our website or by contacting us by telephone, email or otherwise. The information you provide to us may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other information you choose to provide.
• Information we collect about you. When you use our website, we automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, your IP address and information about how you use our website and other websites.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use a property portal website to contact us. This could include details of your property search and information about your likely interests. We may combine this information with other information you provide to us or which we collect about you.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you for the following purposes:
• Providing services to you. We use your personal information to provide you with information and services that you request from us and to administer any promotions or competitions you enter with us.
• Marketing and advertising. We use your personal information to provide you, or to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that we think will interest you.
• Service improvements. We may use your personal information to tell you about changes to our services and to help keep our website secure.
The legal basis for processing your personal information in these ways is typically one of the following:
• Consent. You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
• Performance of a contract. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract with you, or for us to take steps on your instruction prior to entering into a contract with you.
• Legitimate interests. It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information for this purpose to operate our website, to provide and promote our services, and to protect our business.
• Legal obligations. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to comply with the law.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• Landlords, tenants, vendors and purchasers. When you ask us to do so, we may share your personal information with current or prospective landlords, tenants, vendors and purchasers (and their respective advisors) in relation to any potential sale or rental. If any of these third parties is a business, then they will become a data controller of the information we provide, and their own privacy policies will apply.
• Our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors. We may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who are providing services to us, or where necessary to provide a service you have requested.
We may also share your personal information in order to obtain professional advice, or to comply with a legal obligation or a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority.
Storing your personal information
The information we store about you is stored on computer systems based in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Once we receive your information, we will use strict security procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will store your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods will vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Refusing or withdrawing your consent to cookies
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not run by us. If you follow a link to another website, please note that other websites have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for those policies or other websites’ content. You should check these privacy policies before submitting any personal information to these websites.
66/68 St Loyes Street, Bedford MK40 1EZ
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
The Partners and staff are very much aware of the ever-changing situation and of the growing concerns around Coronavirus (Covid-19).
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority.
For more information and a copy of our Coronavirus protocol please call 01234 327744.
Please stay safe.